Monday, June 28, 2010

Stump Hollow

Saturday I drove up to Beaver Mountain Ski Resort and road Stump Hollow.
This is a great ride, the trail takes you from Beaver up the bottom of the canyon then up on top of the mountain through the pines to Peter Sinks. 
It was so beautiful in the canyon.
At the top of the mountain it opens up to some great views of the Beaver area.
My bike getting the rest it needs while I take in the view.
After the peak at the over look the trail takes you back into the pines.
I ran into small patches of snow. You can see the trail Mt bikers have cut through it.

The ground is still wet in some place. Here four pine trees fell onto the trail making everyone find a way around them.
The trail open up to this beautiful medow by Horse Lake.
Then back into the pines.
The end of the trail Peters Sinks. This place is where the second coldest temperature ever measured in the US (-69F)!

Next time need some more people to go with me.

No comments: